1 week update

Today marks 1 week since our initial consultation at Mayo Clinic; in one breath is seems like just yesterday we were driving through the torrential downpours in NE Iowa to get to Rochester, yet in another it feels like that was so long ago!  Since then, not much has changed.  In fact, I continue to still feel fantastic with absolutely no symptoms and zero pain!  School and sports are now in full swing for us all and it was back to the road for Eric this week (boy did we get use to having him around the last 3 weeks), this means time together as a family is a precious commodity these days!

As I look back on the last month, it truly sends my head spinning.  In addition to getting ready for my first year as associate principal and the start to the new school year, coupled with the many doctors appointments and tests, it all seems like a blur!  Thankfully all of this is beginning to find a place throughout the day, which also means times to reflect on that craziness and thank God for the blessings in my life - that includes all of you!

There has been no change for me, other than trying to ensure that the medicines are arriving on time and I understand the do's and don'ts to proper use!  So, instead of being in doctors offices, my time is spent talking to prescription drug companies!  Round 1 is going as expected from my point of view; I have no side affects from the shot I received last week at Mayo.  One more week and we begin round 2 (assuming it arrives in time).  I am anxiously awaiting this, but more importantly to start seeing changes in the size of my mass - Dr. Goetz said I should start being able to feel the mass shrinking in the coming weeks!

My appointments are scheduled for the end of September so we are set for round 3 and surgery!

Many thanks again to all of you for the continued thoughts and prayers.  I am left speechless each day that I return home to find packages, cards in the mail, and yummy dinners!  Therefore, I am struggling to keep up on thank you's, but please know they are coming and I am trying to work on a few every night!  Your love and support is absolutely overwhelming and very much appreciated!

This was one of the latest notes I received - it was from Braylen's TI basketball team, it brought tears to my eyes - just wait until you see these cool shoes (I will be sure to get a picture come October)!


Good night and love to you all!  Oh yes, we can't forget - GO HAWKS!

Amy

Comments

  1. Sounds like you're settling in to this new normal... And doing so beautifully... Prayers continue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Amy -- We are friends of Missy and Travis' and have met you at Hawkeye games. We are sending you and your family prayers of healing and comfort and many more 'feel good' days! GO HAWKS!! Lee and Katie Hovda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Godspeed Amy and your whole family! Lifting you all up in prayer! Pat Martin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers from Illinois. You are such a bright light and strong woman. Keep fighting! xx, kristincarlson

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts