1 More Day!

It has been almost a week since the last update so I wanted to take a few minutes and give you the latest information.  Tomorrow is the day we head to Mayo to meet Dr. Goetz.  While this provokes many emotions, it allows us to begin the process of moving forward.....this is something we are all desperately needing!

On Friday we finally got to meet Dr. Wilbur, who came highly recommended to us.  She was the blessing that we needed after a week of the unexpected.  Having someone who is willing to "fight the fight" is exactly what I was looking for.  While this path is certainly not one I would have envisioned a month ago, it also will not define me and I will stop at nothing to not only help myself but all of those suffering!  Although we were able to meet with Dr. Wilbur, our ultimate plan going forward will be with Dr. Goetz and she will be our liaison in Cedar Rapids, providing any resources here that are possible.

So, here we are today, 1 day from our visit.  I will provide an update later this week after we talk to Mayo.

My ultimate prayer (for the past week and especially tonight) is for a miracle proving that the PET scan was wrong and there is no cancer in the bones!  I hope you, too, will join me in these prayers and prayers of healing going forward.

I hope you are having a great week!  It was the first day of school today here; what a joy it was to be surrounded by such excitement and truly love to learn!  Have a fantastic week!

Comments

  1. Amy and Eric- my prayers are with you tonight, and will continue. Please let me know if you need ANYTHING while you are in Rochester!

    Erin Martin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our prayers are with you as you travel to Rochester. You have a great support group who will follow you and Eric with unending prayers.
    Russ & Angie Laures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric and Amy you're still in our prayers daily and wishing you nothing but the best going forward it's an honor to read your positive attitude and all of your posts God be with you

    ReplyDelete
  4. We pray that Rochester will give you some much needed positive news! Keep up,that positive attitude! God bless you!
    Jeff & Ralynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers are with you all!
    If there is anything I can help with, please let me know.
    Cindy (Chapin) Helle
    Classmate of your mother, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy, prayers for you. Mayo staff were wonderful for me earlier this year. Hopefully they will help you too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy, Dr Wilbur is my oncologist as well. I think she is honest, straight forward, and always willing to fight the fight! Having survived stage 4 cancer myself, and being cancer free for 2 years I can attest to the fact that attitude and prayers go a long way. Our family is including you in our prayers. Carolyn and the Callahan family

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts