God is Good......All the Time!

First, my apologies this post is delayed.  Immediately after receiving the great news, we decided it was time for some much needed, uninterrupted family bonding!  So, this morning while they are all waking up, I thought I would take a minute to put my thoughts to paper.  Although, I have to say, even thought it has been 20 hours since I heard those amazing words, the reality still hasn't fully set in.

With the middle schoolers I have the privilege to work with daily, we use the following line to help get their attention when the room needs to be quiet for instruction.  Instructor begins......God is Good and students respond......All the Time!  As I pondered the title of this post, a number of ideas came to mind, but this seemed to be the most fitting.  Just 5 short months ago, I really questioned God's plan and why me.  And while I am still not sure why this roadblock has been put into my life, I do know and have believed since that summer Friday afternoon, that God does have a plan and I have a strong belief in him and the power of prayer and positivity.  

So, from that day forward, I vowed that I would give cancer the biggest fight of its life and have been focused on ensuring that my daily routine included prayer, confidence, faith, and belief!  

Let me recap my day yesterday that began with a 5 AM wake-up call.  The PET scan was scheduled for 6 AM, blood work at 9 AM and a meeting with Dr. Goetz at 11:40 AM.  The longest part of our day was between the blood work and the appointment, but thankfully the kids were at the hotel with my parents (many thanks), so we got to spend some time with them and watch them swim!

Dr. Goetz came into the room and his first words to me were, "the scan looked good, oh wait, let me rephrase that, the scan looked great!"  While I was speechless, first because of the reality of what set in and second, because he came in uttering those words!  In most practices, the doctor would go through their typical routine by discussing progress, blood work, a physical exam, and then get to the scan results.  Not with Dr. Goetz, he cuts to the chase and the reason we are there.....which is appreciated more that words can say!  So, we first reviewed and compared my 2 PET scans.  The spots were almost all gone, no spots on my spine, nothing was lighting up on my ribs and chest area and very faint spots on my pelvis (I couldn't see them, but Eric said they were there)!  

The end result, Dr. Goetz said this is the best response to the initial treatment plan that he has seen in a long time!  What, me?!?!?!  As for what this all really means; Dr. Goetz said in simple terms it means you are in remission.  The reality being, I can sleep a little bit better at night and know that all the hard work thus far has paid off.  As for the future, nothing changes.  My medicines are a part of my forever life and will be a part of of my plan until my body is not responsive to them anymore.  At that point we try Plan B, but Dr. Goetz doesn't expect that to be for a very long time!  I am trusting his intuition and research based thoughts!  

As for all of you - I know I have said this many times before, but it is truly all of you who keep me going!  I appreciate, more than words can say, how grateful we are for the thoughts, prayers, notes of kind wishes, and the messages of thinking of you!  We couldn't fight this battle alone and to know that you have all joined us on this journey is amazing!  

This is a journey and today we overcame the first hurdle!  While I would be remiss to say that it is smooth sailing ahead, we are going to savor the next interval and enjoy the race.  I am hopeful to also being preparing for the next big race, literally, as I have taken some time away from running!  Maybe that will be conquering my 2nd half-marathon and potentially the courage to cross off a marathon on my bucket list.  Time will tell, but the race is well underway and I couldn't be happier.

I have said this many times before, but I believe now more than ever, the prayers from all of you have certainly made all the difference!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas; I received the best Christmas present ever today!  Here's to a fantastic 2017......I wish you all a very Happy New Year!

Let me leave you with this - this was my daily reflection!  I couldn't say it better!



Love Always,
Amy

Comments

  1. Amy – your blog posts me up every time I read them. I can't even put into words how happy I am for you, Eric, and your whole family. Your positive attitude through all of this is truly inspiring. Prayers will continue, enjoy this great news! Happy new year !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news! Prayers for Gods continued healing

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is indeed good!! Congratulations and this is the best news ever! You are a blessed woman to have the attitude you do, a wonderful spouse and beautiful children. The Lord has plans for your life! God bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news Amy! I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful news Amy! I am crying tears of happiness for you and your family as I read this over my lunch. Empowering and hopeful! The prayers will not stop Amy. I am excited to watch all you would use on your life's journey.

    Angie D;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas to you! What a wonderful gift. So happy that your faith, family and friends are helping you win this fight. Continued prayers for you to keep winning so that you are able to cross everything off your bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful news! Our boys have had your on our nightly prayer list since starting at Regis. We have been blessed by our prayer family and appreciate the power of prayer too! God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all of this Amy! Thank you for sharing your story and most importantly your positive outlook on life given the wild card you have been thrown. Think about you often. Hugs. LV

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amy, Ernie and I are so happy to hear this news!! I've been praying for you and will continue. Enjoy the New Year with your family!!! We hope to see you all in 2017! Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praise the Lord. Wishing you and your family the very best for 2017. Prayers continue.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts