A Busy Week Ahead

Phew, is all I can say right now.  School is out for Christmas and now the focus can shift to what is left to buy and how am I going to put all these final preparations together in time!  Somehow, someway it always seems to get done and I am confident that this year will be no different.  Although, with Christmas being on the weekend, it has been hard to wrap my head around the fact that this week is actually Christmas week.  Until tomorrow our lives are really focused on a normal week with sporting practices, work and school, after which I suspect we will feel a change.....hopefully it will start feeling like Christmas.

Since the last update things have been good.  I did have some slight side affects to the bone hardener, but nothing more than what would feel like flu symptoms.  The body aches were truly the most uncomfortable part and in the grand scheme of things, it only lasted a couple of days and then I started to feel "normal" again!  Thankfully I only have to receive these every 3 months and in the future, a day of rest following the procedure may be in order to help me recover a little quicker and easier!

We are T-minus 1 week to the PET scan.  While this procedure is pretty easy, the results are what have me a bit on edge.  Given the response thus far to the medicines and the fact that no "lumps" can really be found, one would think the results of this scan would have to be positive, but you just never know.  I have had enough curve balls thrown at me lately to know that there are truly lots of possibilities as to what this test will show, but the one thing I know for sure is, only time will tell!  One of the many benefits of being at Mayo is that my test is at 6 AM and I meet with Dr. Goetz at 11:20 AM for the results.  No waiting game up there!

So, the reason for my post......first to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and second, to summon all the prayers possible for good test results next week.  While I believe in miracles, I also believe in the power of prayer and thus far, I feel like my prayers have been answered!  I certainly wouldn't have thought that I would be writing this post today feeling as wonderful as I do (minus the tail-end of a cold) and seeing the progress that the doctors share with me each month!

Many blessings to you this holiday week.  Regardless of the outcome next week, I will be sure to keep you all posted!  After all, it is you all who keep me going and continue to inspire me day in and day out!

I couldn't leave this post without saying Go Pack Go, especially since they are playing Eric's Vikings this weekend......House Divided!  I got the most amazing gift from an even cooler family (Thank you Conrad's) who I have had the pleasure to know the last 5 years.

Merry Christmas,
Amy

Comments

Popular Posts