BELIEVE

If there is one word to describe my outlook on life and all its awe and wonder, it is BELIEVE.    As a prior math teacher this is the one word that I used throughout my years in the classroom to help students feel assured in their talents and abilities and more importantly to have confidence in the preparation they have done in their many years as a student. 

BELIEVE……this is especially true as the season of Advent is upon us, Christmas is near and one of my all-time favorite Christmas movies is played time and time again.   The story of the Polar Express is told through a boy who embarks on a journey to the North Pole that teaches us that the wonder of life never fades for those who believe.  If you haven’t seen it, it is a must see!

There isn’t a bigger word that has been the foundation for the last 4 months.  I BELIEVE:
·      Having a positive attitude is essential in life
·      In the power of prayer
·      In miracles
·      God has a plan for me and Mayo has given me the hope I needed
·      I have an amazing support system; from family, to friends, to colleagues, to acquaintances to those who are joining me on my journey for whom I do not even know

Today we had yet another check-up.  The itinerary for today included the typical routine of lab work and a doctor’s visit, plus the addition of the bone hardener.  All of which turned out great.  Lab work continues to impress the team of doctors as everything is normal, even after month 2 of the “chemo-type” medicine.  The only side affect thus far is a few month sores, but they have not seemed to bother me a great deal and both Dr. Smith and Dr. Stanley (my dentist) have given me a number of tricks to help.  The doctor’s visit was an echo of last month – everything is looking great and as they expected.  In fact, I sometimes feel as though they are speechless as my situation has been so responsive with no concerns!  No noticeable “mass” anymore!  Today was my first injection of the bone hardener……(knock on wood) as I type this, I feel great and nothing out of the ordinary!

Next months visit is the big one and probably the one I have been anticipating the most.  This will be the first time since August that a PET scan will be done.  This was the scan that showed that my cancer had metastasized and moved to the bones.  I am hopeful and absolutely BELIEVE that this scan will also show the progress that is being made through all the treatments thus far!

I would be remiss to not end this by continuing to echo words to THANKS for all of you who have touched our family through the past few months.  In just the last month, the boy’s daycare did a fundraiser and raised enough money for a months supply of meds and for that I will be forever thankful, I received an anonymous note with a gift card and kind words, and various other care packages.  I BELIEVE all of you have been put into my life for a reason and there are no words to express my gratitude.  I am continually blown away by all of your love and support!

Oh and I BELIEVE that the best medicine after a hard day comes from those who love us most and unconditionally.  Yes, that is my husband and kids, but it is also this new addition to our family.  Meet Irish Conlon!

I am hopeful to provide another update before the next appointment, but in case I get lost in shopping and preparing for Christmas, I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas.  He is the reason for the season and YOU ALL are the reason I BELIEVE!

Love Always,
Amy


Comments

  1. #amystrong is quickly becoming #amyinspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you and your family. Sending prayers from Florida for complete healing. God is good and answers prayers! Have a blessed Christ-mas!
    Jan Fenneman Manson

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great support system. So glad to hear the latest. Keep it up. Lots of prayers coming your way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts