A week of Thanksgiving!

As I wait for Braylen to get home from basketball and before I hit the bed, I thought I would take the next few minutes and give a quick (yes, I am going to be brief) update as I know it has been some time.  I am still shocked that this is Thanksgiving week, where has the time gone.  It is during weeks like this I have to pause for a moment and reflect for all that I am thankful for.

Amidst a crazy 6 months, I still feel incredibly blessed for the many elements of my life, including my amazing husband who has been with me through every appointment, 3 kiddos who truly light up my life, an amazing support system of parents, sisters, brothers, friends, colleagues, acquaintances and even those for whom I do not know.  I still receive words of encouragement, thoughtful gifts that show up at school or at home and the "I am thinking about you" and "we are praying for you daily."  This means so much more to me than you will ever know!

So, when we left off last post, I just had my October appointment and I was having some pain in my lower jaw area.  I had my 6 month check-up the following week and Dr. Stanley did a very thorough review with x-rays and concluded that she thought it was nerve issue from the meds but everything looked great!  This was so reassuring and as she said, over time she would expect the pain to subside.  She was exactly right and by the end of that week, the pain was gone!  Since then, I have no problems at all!  She was also able to prescribe a mouth wash to help with some of the mouth sores so I am anxious to try that out!

Everything else has been status quo and I continue to feel great!  I just finished another round of the chemotherapy type medicine  with the blocker and all was well with this round of implementation.  My blood work last week was good so Mayo said to continue on!  A bit of a drop in my white blood cell count which is normal but within a relative range!

We head back to Mayo next week and this time I am hopeful we can proceed with the scheduled bone hardener.  After that I will be sure to post an update.....

May you all have a blessed Thanksgiving with family and friends!

Comments

  1. Wishing you and your family a happy thanksgiving and keeping you all in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your updates, Amy! So many of us continue to think positive thoughts for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have incredible strength Amy. Thank you for keeping us informed on your progress. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts & prayers. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update Amy! Continued prayers for you and your family!! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. Prayers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My son and I have been praying for you and your family everyday since our neighbor Lisa Stille let us know. Hope your Thanksgiving was good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts