I survived......

I survived........


Outside of my tired legs, I can't complain.....it was a cool morning run and in the end perfect running weather with a very scenic and flat course and an amazing cheering section!!  Thank you Eric and kids, Matt and kids and Terri and MaryAnn for being our support today!!  I (or shall I say WE) did it, completed 13.1 miles and did so way faster than I thought I could ever run that long!  It helps when you have an amazing friend as a running partner; thank you Ashlee for pushing me to complete this mission and for ultimately being by my side through it all, including early morning training sessions!!  Stacy and Jackie - missed you both and sad you couldn't join us, but we can (and will) do it again!

As Ashlee and I celebrated at mile 10 and tears filled my eyes, who would have thought that this is where I would be 14 months after the initial diagnosis.  One year ago my real fight began and here I am today, completing my 2nd half-marathon.....not quite like the first one, strolling along the ocean, but it was an great course, wonderful day and given the circumstances of the last 365 days, made this all the sweeter! 

Trust me, not a day goes by that I don't think about how lucky I am with the realization of how different things could be.  I have truly been blessed in so many ways: no cancer and I feel great!  My life has virtually been unchanged, which means I get to continue to enjoy the things that have been apart of my life the last 35 years.  Today was no exception!  Soaking up every moment of every day that I can!

My next Mayo appointment is in a month; this one will be short and sweet with a blood draw and my bone hardener injection.  PET scan will come again in February.  Until then, going to continue the journey and soak up today.......

Here's some video footage of the last 0.1 miles.....to say that I was a little tired is an understatement!



Thanks to you all for joining the journey!

Love always,
Amy


Comments

Popular Posts