Where has the last year gone?

How can it be August already?  It seems as though school just got out and I was busy planning the summer activities.....instead here I am panicking that school is going to start in 21 days for the kids! That also means that our short hiatus of no organized sports practices is about to be over!

While returning to work full-time in anticipation of the school year, for both myself and the kids, occupies a lot of my August planning these days, there is also something else that seems to creep into my thoughts.  It was this time last year that I embarked upon the journey that would forever change my life.  Saturday (August 5th) marks the major milestone of 1 year since my initial diagnosis of breast cancer and although this date is important, it was on August 15th that the real fight began when I learned, not only did I have breast cancer, it was stage 4.

As I look back on the past year, a mix of emotions overwhelms me.  Tears fill my eyes as I think to those first few doctors appointments and the news being revealed, but more importantly I feel grateful for an amazing support system, thankful for a healthcare system that has the latest and greatest options, faithful for the blessings granted to me, overwhelmed by the details of it all and most importantly ready to tackle the new year.

Having a clear scan in April is certainly the validation I needed to continue pushing forward, but the fight continues and I am not about to give up.  My next scan is in 12 days and as with every scan, the nerves amp up a bit, but I have never felt more confident in my treatment plan!

So today I write asking for prayers of another clear scan, but I also ask you to pray for all those fighting the hard fight.  Maybe it is because I am more aware, but this awful, dreaded diagnosis seems to be affecting more and more people, regardless of age.  I feel very thankful and fortunate to have the treatment plan afforded to me and to feel great, even after the first year, but I know that there are many who don't have this option.  Praying for all those affected and all those who have lost the fight.

I will be sure to update after my next scan.  Until then, enjoy the remaining days of summer!!


Comments

  1. Prayers for you and for everyone fighting cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continuing to keep you and all the cancer patients in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed, a miraculous journey of deep faith, remarkable care, discovered strength and immense gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Continued prayers for you and those affected by cancer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Continued prayers for you Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We will continue our prayers for you and your family, Amy! ��

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers for another clear scan and love to you Amy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts