Looking for a Sign

We are back at the day to day grind and life has been anything but dull around our house.  Sports practices and meetings have filled our evenings!  This is actually probably a good thing as it has kept me busy and my mind occupied.

Today marks 2 weeks since we sat in Dr. Goetz's office and heard the news we had longed for.  While this progress is everything we had hoped it would be, if I were an honest person, I would have to tell you that there is still that piece of me that wonders how long will this regime really work. Interestingly enough, this is so contrary to the outlook and attitude that has kept me going for majority of my diagnosis.

Dr. Goetz is very honest and has shared the statistics with me, while in the same breath sharing that he feels my outcome is much longer than the statistics, but anytime a number is attached to time span and effectiveness, my heart hurts a little bit.  Dr. Goetz has also continued to share his excitement and encouragement regarding breast cancer research, all of which is absolutely amazing and is truly why I trust him so much.

Truth be told, I was just waiting for the sign that would help me put that doubt to rest and revel in the moment, forgetting about the future, even if it for just a short time!  Yesterday at 8:20 AM I got a text from Eric and this is what it was:

That is exactly the sign I needed, thanks Eric and thanks Erin for sending it!  While I do not know what the future holds, there is one thing I know....Dr. Goetz is doing all he can to make a difference in the world of breast cancer research and I am forever thankful!  This leaves me absolutely speechless and while I hope to not have to use a secondary treatment for a very long time, to know that he is so close gives me the hope I (and millions of other women) need!

Just wanted to share this with all of you!

PS - I hope you all happened to see the other big headline - Packers win and play the Dallas Cowboys this weekend!  Go Pack Go!

Love,
Amy

Comments

  1. The girls and I are keeping you and your family in our prayers. So glad to hear your progress.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts