Many Prayers of Gratitude.......We are Winning the Race!

Happy Halloween!

Phew, what a month!  I apologize it has taken me so long to finally get this post in writing.  I can tell you that I have started and thought about what to write, but the crazy month of October did not leave much time for me to get thoughts thoughts down in this blog!  Regardless, we survived the month of chaos that included the end to Braylen's soccer season, beginning of Braylen's basketball season, Kellen's opportunity to learn the game of basketball and parent-teacher conferences!  Oh and how could I forget a trip to 2 ER's and an overnight stay at the University of Iowa for Mr. Meyer!

Here we are 2 months from our initial visit to Mayo, 2 months into my estrogen blocker medicine, 1 month post-surgery, and 1 month since I started the "chemo" like medicine that interferes the growth and spread of the cancer cells in my body. What a ride it has been, but I thank my lucky stars and the good Lord for all the positive news that has been delivered.

Today was no exception. While it seemed like a bit of a let-down as I wasn't able to get the bone hardener injection due to some mild mouth pain, it was reassuring to hear them say that it is ok to wait 1 month.  Given the positive results I have seen thus far and how "normal" my blood work has been, waiting until I see my dentist tomorrow before the injection is just a slight delay.  During the visit with the doctor she did an exam and reported that the small mass that exists would have not caused her alarm!!!  Yah!  Let's put it this way, should I have done a self-exam, I probably would not find what ruminants exist from the once very large mass!  Yes, I can find the small density that still exists, but only because I know where it is at and monitor it frequently!

So, back to Cedar Rapids we go!  I am not complaining about an earlier departure time as that means we get to spend that much more time trick-or-treating with some pretty cute munchkins.....we have Disgust (from Inside Out), Baymax (from Big Hero 6) and the infamous Cookie Monster!  Pictures will have to come later!

Here is to another month and continued prayers of healing!  We return to Mayo at the end of November for a re-check and the bone hardener, then back at the end of December for the long awaited PET scan. The marathon contines........

Comments

  1. God's Blessings to you and your family, Amy! Your courage is inspiring! We continue our prayers for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much to be thankful for. God is good!!! We continue to pray for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Continued prayers for you and your family. Put your hope in God and let him take care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Continued prayers for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, I am praying daily for you and your recovery. May God speed your healing process, thank you for being so inspiring. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So great to hear awesome news! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers continue for you and all cancer patients.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts